Farnell stocking Panasonic particulate matter laser sensor
Farnell has increased its range of high-quality sensor products with the introduction of the SN-GCJA5, a particulate matter (PM) laser sensor from Panasonic Industry Europe.
The sensor was designed in response to the increasing worldwide concern for indoor air quality, and is intended for air quality monitoring, air conditioners, building automation, smart homes, HVAC, air purifiers, Internet of Things (IoT) devices, test and measurement and environmental monitoring applications.
The SN-GCJA5 Laser Type PM Sensor features an innovative optical sensor assembly to provide reliable operation over a long lifetime while accurately detecting particles as small as 0.3µm. Cutting-edge laser scattering technology enables the sensor to provide a fast response when detecting smoke, environmental dust and other unwanted dangerous pollutants.
Measuring 37x37x12mm, the SN-GCJA5 can be integrated into a wide range of air quality monitoring devices. It offers uncomplicated I²C and UART (TTL) connectivity and surpasses conventional LED-based concepts in many areas.
Key features of the SN-GCJA5 Laser Type PM Sensor include:
- High precision laser sensor that detects ultra-fine floating particles such as PM2.5, PM10 and PM1 in the air
- Laser diode for high accuracy, sensitivity and quick response
- Auto calibration function
- Optimised air pathway structure that minimises dust accumulation making it possible to avoid “tracking” for electrical safety
- Onboard microcomputer which analyses the wave profile and outputs a converted mass-density (μg/m3) through I2C and UART interface